Important Features of Blockchain Gaming in Esports

You know to Chris point, the larger gaming industry 150, sixty $70 billion industry, there are all kinds of genres and game experiences that are available, and so because 75% of games are created by independent game developers, most likely most of the play to earn games in the ecosystem are being made by independent game developers as well, which means we're starting to see different types of games that aren't necessarily shooters or mobas. Get this opportunity to be a part of esports.

Man, no love for the shooting and fighting games today huh? It's up with that everybody.


Yeah I I think hey cuckoo raise your hand I keep trying to to throw you the mic. Maybe it's not coming your way it's tough to get these mic cords around the world.

 

 

blockchain in esports


but you know this is a this is a good segue really into you know the next direction we can we can take this conversation here you know i feel like the six or seven of us here we we can sit on this cold probably for hours to talk about this i'm you know it feels great to have these minds together in a room but you know the next direction here is is what do we see as the greatest obstacles and the flip side is catalyst what do we see as the greatest obstacles or catalyst to the widespread adoption
But you know this is a. 

This is a good segue really into you know, the next direction we can. We can take this conversation here. You know, I feel like the six or seven of us here we we can sit on this cold probably for hours to talk about this. I'm, you know, it feels great to have these minds together in a room, but you know the next direction here is is, what do we see as the greatest obstacles? And the flip side is catalyst. What do we see as the greatest obstacles or catalyst to the widespr Big popular teams. And then there are some guilds that are going to become. 

You know that level of popular and well on their way there already, some of whom are represented here on this call. But what do we see as the greatest obstacles or catalyst or the widespread adoption of blockchain games by more popular E sports teams and part of this might be what makes those games playable as E Sports, so we'll we'll go around in the same circle.

Yeah, I think, uh, you know esports play an important role when it comes to acquisition, like what mobile Matt said, increased Mayo discussed awhile ago.


It is a good way to attract more people to of course play the game because you know we all want to flex our skills and our ranks on social media.


The important thing should be focusing on aside from our competitive game, is it you know, kind of the Community or the the environment that these players are going in, because I think there's a lot of issues when it comes to, for example, the top 3 E sports games right now are at FPS, right? And I've been playing FPS and you know the chats and the communities. There are kind of toxic when it comes to competitive place.


So it comes hand in hand when E sports and community you know combined retention. And I'm sorry acquisition and retention is, you know, very important. So I think.


Not just focusing on esports itself, but a a game that is easy to understand and playable for certain types of, you know ages and then catch by the community for further attention. I think that's.


You know plays an important role for, you know, for for massive adoption.


Right on echo everything you just said there I I wish I missed that 100 button I'm.


You know I did my first thought here when I think about what the the greatest catalyst would is going to be to widespread adoption to some of these games is and you know I said bye bye more popular. Traditionally sports teams so you know, I start thinking about like Snoop Dogg taking that role with Faze Clan as a. I start thinking of like 100 thieves and these traditional like teams that are at this point just brands. You know so.

I think about the the funding and following the money. You know there's a lot of of crypto companies now that are backing these. These traditional larger E sports teams and brands. Then that's going to drive them. I think into the blockchain space is, you know, as these games become adaptable to the esports environment and work their way up out of the $200,000 funding we were joking about before and into that multi $1,000,000 funding in the hundreds of.

Hundreds of people building that AAA game. The money is going to follow that you know when crypto.com is is is sponsoring a a major esports team. It's almost there's like an onus on that team to to find a crypto based game. You know you've got to. You've got to follow the money. It's my thought I wanted to chime in on this one, but next on the screen here is is Joe. What do you see as the greatest obstacle or catalyst to adoption of blockchain games? 

Buy larger E sports teams.

They have to address the sentiment for their business to do anything in this space, right? So that's one you have to, you know, just all the related to how do we go about this? And as a business, if it's if you understand the the side of how.
Sports teams, as they're essentially still content houses in brands like a traditional esports traditional sports team. So the money I think was Chris who mentioned it earlier. A lot of it still is.

It's not, it's not. It's a lot more like a marketing tool, and these are, if you're an investor, owner, team, usually it's something. It's almost like a hedge against other if your own. It's usually people who own these themes are people of other businesses and using as a hedge of market or in a bigger sense as well. Give your best case scenarios that you're able to raise their brand value for. 

Maybe a sale later in years or you just care so much about the game or the team or the sport that you' So in this case it it becomes a problem or a issue of, you know, is it the right business move, considering where the market of NFT in blockchain adoption is, so it's almost more like you know, as we're all speaking, a lot of here it is part of the greater adoption of crypto and blockchain to just general users and this E sports teams are subset and have to take all those considerations to place in the place. So every gaming itself is fragmented in terms of communities you have obviously multiple Communities in MOBA FPS are sometimes culturally different. 

Also from just the games within a certain type of game format, right? And they have to consider. So yeah. I mean I've had the honor of talking to a bunch of teams or actually the space because we've actually and you have some who have.


Communities are very against or opposed to, and if these in general you have some who have ties to the countries that are adopting and if these inducting already. So it's a little bit easier, but for me that's pretty much the biggest one for E sports teams particular. It's really that set of obstacles and sent them into testing manage before they make that a jump or interest, and again as a niche part of a greater.


You know, gaming or blockchain gaming part of it? I think there was a catalyst. Obviously I'm a little biased here as an operator and I I I really believe it guilds these web 3 guilds.


Are you an exciting new format? These sports organization and have this pin feet. If you guys ever saw a year ago where you know our thesis 2 years ago when we discovered FT, so these scholarships are essentially like Bentley guilds and something akin to hopefully.


What evolved version of an E sports art could be like or E sports is just a part of a greater system of the community and organization and we start to see it happen. I think that there are huge catalyst for that site for the data, maybe a Guild instead of maybe acquires a traditional team or the other way around. And I think that's I think where a lot of that comes into play. I think the story lines come into play. We need a good game, exciting game that maybe this is my by stick. It has an excel.

That brings a lot of content and excitement towards you. Know the game before any of the blockchain related stuff, and I think that's a challenge that I'm excited for it I I would see something I valuable. I believe in the story of adoption, right? So this is my take on it.

This is really great. All these insights coming together like this. I'm so glad we're recording this here. You know you touched back on some themes of of decentralization and and democratization of the games that was was discussed before and how that's going to empower the guilds and taking this Guild first approach which has a lot of community elements that you know aren't quite as highlighted or represented. Perhaps in some traditional E, sports, and esports scenes.

You know, I, I admit, I'm a little bit biased too. Coming at you from the blockchain space crew representing that Guild token, but you know, we take a guilds first approach at blockchain space and and that's because the level of empowerment for for communities and for players has never quite felt as grand for a lot of us. So this is this is a great time to be here. We're definitely making some big changes in the way things are done next on the screen I got Voss from India.

Hey, uh, so uh, the question is the same, right? The the obstacles and the catalyst to east post in blockchain gaming, right?

Alright, so I'll talk a little bit about the obstacle first, and probably you know, I think there's a lot more catalyst than obstacles. But yeah, I think it's very important to mention the OPS as well. I think the main obstacle right now what I see is compared to like traditional. Like if you go ahead and start making a traditional sports team.

The capital required would be quite low compared to if you come here in the blocks in space and start building because you just don't like. The requirement is not just you know by your team equipment or spend money on the branding and whatnot. You also have to buy the NFT assets and the assets are not, you know, not that cheap and also you have to be like you have to keep up with the meta and.


Like there, there's a lot of a capital intensive things required when it comes to like blockchain gaming, but let's let's now quickly move on to the catalyst.


I think like the thing I mentioned about, you know the capital intensive nature compared to traditional gaming and the blocks in space. It's also very easier to raise money in the blocks in space, so you know that that's kind of a like a good thing because it's less regulation and whatnot. Plus this one more like a greater benefit. We shouldn't forget that you know, like.


It's the players who make these teams right and and like let me take like like let's take an example right? I want to join like a big esports team. Let's I'm I'm I'm a good player I I live in India and I want to join. Let's setting a secret.

Just don't think there's a straightforward way because I live in probably like boonies in India. Out here I I don't think there's a straightforward way to do it. But let's come to blocking, you know, in a blockchain gaming I am involved in. Like so many things out here and I think that same for that that can be said for East Coast as well. You do not need to go through hoops. You do not have to, you know.

To get to cook somehow, contact at Team secret and somehow get on board get on boarded with them. All you have to do.

As of right now, it's download discord.

Join a Guild, show them your skills and they are going to help you and becoming any sports star that's kind of my thoughts around you know all of this.

I like that you brought up accessibility, and that's an important component. I think of Community growth and sustaining a healthy, active community, which is really a you know, we all know it's a fundamental importance and just maintaining any kind of web 3 project. Now what I wonder based on what you said is how to what degree that the daily active user numbers? Or just you know the lower number of players in some of these games might.

Make it more accessible. You know rather than than trying to compete at a national scale. I mean you know, these other games might not have discord communities, but if they do, there would be a lot more players in them. And you know, greater competitive ranks.

Comments